Donovan talks about COVID-19, the latest stats, what he thinks about the stock market results, and how people are reacting to something that seems, at least on the surface, not to be all that deadly. What’s making it deadly and detrimental to our lives is how we’re all reacting to it.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus 2019-nCov Statistics Update (Live): 118,421 Cases and 4,267 Deaths
- Official: White House didn’t want to tell seniors not to fly — The White House overruled health officials who wanted to recommend that elderly and physically fragile Americans be advised not to fly on commercial airlines because of the new coronavirus, a federal official told The Associated Press.
- Trump Says Those on Grand Princess Cruise Ship Should Stay On Boat So U.S. Coronavirus Numbers Don’t Go Up — During a visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta Friday, President Donald Trump stated his preference that passengers on a cruise ship in the waters off of California remain on the boat because their entry onto U.S. soil could make the country’s coronavirus statistics increase.
- COVID-19 coronavirus compared to SARS outbreak: cases, deaths, spread – Business Insider — Experts called SARS “the first pandemic of the 21st century,” since it spread across 29 countries. The virus emerged in Guangdong and infected 8,098 people over the course of eight months, killing 774.
- Coronavirus Mortality Rate: How COVID-19 Fatalities Compare to Ebola, SARS and MERS — SARS and MERS—fellow members of the large coronavirus family of viruses which now includes COVID-19—have mortality rates of around 10 percent and 35 percent, respectively, Tildesley said. Since it emerged in 2012, MERS has killed 858 people, while 774 people died of SARS during the 2003 outbreak.
- Outbreak (1995) – IMDb — Army doctors struggle to find a cure for a deadly virus spreading throughout a California town that was brought to America by an African monkey.
- Quarantine (2008) – IMDb — A television reporter and her cameraman are trapped inside a building quarantined by the CDC, after the outbreak of a mysterious virus which turns humans into bloodthirsty killers.
- Contagion (2011) – IMDb — Healthcare professionals, government officials and everyday people find themselves in the midst of a worldwide epidemic as the CDC works to find a cure.
- World War Z (2013) – IMDb — Former United Nations employee Gerry Lane traverses the world in a race against time to stop a zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatens to destroy humanity itself.
- The Andromeda Strain (1971) – IMDb — A team of top scientists work feverishly in a secret, state-of-the-art laboratory to discover what has killed the citizens of a small town and learn how this deadly contagion can be stopped.